Fall is my absolute favourite season of the year, and our Canadian Thanksgiving comes as a hallmark of that beautiful time. The leaves are turning, the days are warm but the nights are chilly, gardens are flaunting their last big flourish .., the bittersweet tension of Fall always makes my heart sing.
We’ve been building an ever-growing yearly tradition at our house, in the form of a memorable Thanksgiving menu for 20 or more. Our home will be packed to the brim with friends and relatives from all over, bustling with loud happy children and laughing grandparents, and of course, lots of great gluten free and dairy free food!
Our 2016 Thanksgiving Menu
- Roast prime rib with homestyle gravy
- Baked lemon cod with caramelized onions
- Braised mushrooms
- Nona May’s roasted Brussel sprouts
- Cousin Niki’s mashed root vegetables
- Roasted herbed potatoes
- Maple glazed parsnips
- Baked buttered beets
- Janie’s bean salad
- Judy’s chocolate orange cake
- Scratch pumpkin pie
- Nona May’s decadent chocolate chip peanut butter cookies
- Fruit platter